Our dear friends;
We so appreciate your prayers for us as we have continued on the road to serving our wonderful Savior in Bogotá. Well, we have bought our tickets and we will be flying out of Richmond on October 7th (Lord willing). That is only a month away. Even now we are spending more time talking with the team in Bogotá and putting together the last things that we need in order to leave.
And there is much to do.
Please pray for us as we rush through this last month of preparation.
1. Pray that new support would continue to come in. There are many people who have told us that they would like to support us but have still not sent in any pledges. Also, in line with the support, we do need those who have pledged support but have not started to give would begin to do so.
2. Pray that things will go smoothly this week as we head down to Atlanta later in the week in order to go to the Colombian embassy there for our visas. We are in the process of getting all of the paperwork we need. Please pray that the Lord would give us favor in the eyes of the embassy workers so that they will issue the visas while we wait.
3. Pray that the Lord would give Ambrose help as he preaches at Church of the Redeemer in Charlotte next Sunday and at All Saints in Richmond on October 5th.
4. Pray that we will continue to enjoy our last month in the States and that we would be able to say good-bye to our families and friends. This will be very difficult.
5. Pray that the Lord will bless the Team Retreat in the Dominican Republic in October (7th – 13th). We are excited about being able to attend.
6. Pray that all of the thousands of details that need to come together over the next month and a half as we uproot our lives once again and move onto the field will fall into place. Pray also that the Lord would give us grace and patience.
There is excitement and joy as the light at the end of the tunnel grows brighter, but there is sadness and trepidation as well. But our Lord has been so good to us and we are looking forward to the new work.
Ambrose and Becky Winfree
- We still need your help
- Missing Home